Your Company Needed A Mobile Strategy Yesterday--And These Statistics Prove It
* Smartphone coupon usage increased by more than 100% in 2011 and is expected to do the same this year.
* More than 788 million mobile-only Internet users are projected to be in play by 2015. Moreover, mobile web browsing will surpass desktop browsing as well.
* By that same year, mobile users are expected to spend at least $119 billion in mobile commerce annually.
* Mobile interaction is the Internet 3.0. If Internet 1.0 was static websites and Internet 2.0 was all about the first social sites designed for interaction, 3.0 is now about the mobile platforms and apps that are driving more and more online traffic and more customized user experiences. As noted above, there will be a huge increase of mobile-only Internet users in the next few years, leading to whole new ways of web usage that demand marketers’ attention.
* Mobile goes beyond Google. Searches with QR Codes will become more and more common, primarily to seek out product information. Last year, 14 million mobile users scanned a QR code with their devices and, in Europe, QR code usage has doubled in the last 12 months.
* Email is going the way of the fax. Open rates for emails are at around 11%, while open rates for mobile phone texts are at 95%. Which rate would you rather have for your marketing message?
* Social media is going mobile. Last year, U.S. mobile social media users grew by 37%, while European users grew by 44%. Twitter and LinkedIn mobile usage also doubled in 2011.
* Moms are more mobile than everybody else. A fact that may surprise you: According to eMarketer; Moms are more likely to own a smartphone than anyone else in the population. Two-thirds of those mothers are using the mobile web on a regular basis. Another study from 2011 shows that 25% of those moms were using their mobile devices to hunt down discounts and to find coupons, and 20% were actually shopping online with their smartphones.
FOR A FREE MOBILE EVALUATION OF YOUR BUSINESS CONTACT US NOW.